Motor Vehicle Accidents
A Moment With Far-Reaching Consequences
If you have been in a serious car or other motor vehicle accident, you know that the moment of collision can have huge effects. Injury, property damage and more can all take their toll on your health, your family and your finances. You need an experienced attorney to help you.
At The Law Office of Bruce C. Betzer, we have years of practice and an impressive track record representing clients who have suffered significant auto accident injuries in both commercial and personal motor vehicle accidents.
Do Not Suffer Unnecessarily After A Car Accident
There are several things you can do yourself to make the process easier. If you are in an accident:
- Immediately write down the other vehicle’s license plate number.
- Obtain the names of witnesses and write them down with contact information.
- Get medical attention as soon as possible.
- If you can, take pictures of your vehicle and the other vehicle involved as well as the location where the accident occurred.
You may be contacted by someone from your own insurance company or the insurance company of the other driver involved. However, besides reporting the claim to your insurance company, you should not give either of these companies statements about the accident. Never accept a check at the scene of the collision. You must call a lawyer as soon as possible.
We begin to work as soon as you call. The initial phase of legal procedures following an automobile wreck or commercial truck crash is extremely important in order to avoid losing any important information that applies to your case. Attorney Bruce Betzer and his team will:
- Make initial contact with your insurance company so it understands that you are legally represented
- Investigate your claim through police reports, photographs, witnesses and experts such as accident reconstruction specialists
- Ascertain if entities in addition to other drivers are at fault, such as manufacturers of faulty equipment, owners of poorly maintained or lighted parking lots, etc.
- Obtain medical records and work with medical experts to develop an initial prognosis
- Gain estimates regarding the cost of property damage
From rear-end collisions to multivehicle pileups involving commercial trucks and 18-wheelers, we get results. We work with health care providers, including physicians, to evaluate and examine all the medical aspects of your case.
Our thorough understanding of Louisiana’s automobile, insurance and liability laws means that we recognize the various avenues of recovery sources available to car accident or motorcycle accident victims and their families. We also understand the different liability theories that allow victims of motor vehicle accidents to receive compensation from the responsible parties.
Get A Free Consultation On Your Situation Today
There is no need for you to suffer alone, worrying about how you will pay your bills after a motor vehicle accident. Speak with a lawyer and find out if you may have a case for compensation. You can reach our Metairie office by calling this toll-free phone number: 866-603-3792. You can also reach out through our online contact form.